Saturday, November 20, 2010

Wall Street

Beeps Pick:  Wall Street

 Wall Street [Blu-ray]


Why Beeps chose this movie: Well there are 2 reasons.  First, I wanted to see the sequel to this film and I know that April had not seen this.  It's also one of those movies that I think that I remember more fondly than it actually is.

Beeps:  This is the movie that made me want to become a stockbroker when I was a youth.  I have come back and visited this movie a few times through the years, and I like it.  After watching it this time, I still like it.  It's a very solid story that has excellent pacing.  I can't help but wonder about people who are not into the financial world facing a strong barrier to entry in watching this film.  I mean when I first watched it I had no clue what insider trading, or even the SEC was.  It's still a solid story and while it may be a bit dry at times, still a worthy rental.  2 1/2 stars.

Apes:  This movie was hyped up a little by beeps. I know how much he wants to see the new one, so being the amazing wife I am we watched this tonight. The story is good and holds up well over time, but the technology LOL WOW! 2 inch black and white portable TV with antenna lol! A cell phone the size of a loaf of bread. I can imagine trying to get my friends, nieces, or any one under the age of 25 to like this movie being nearly impossible. That all being said the story does hold up well and I am looking forward to seeing the next installment and the progression of technology, commerce, and the American dream. I give this film a solid 2 1/2 stars for story line and acting.

Overall we give it 2 1/2 stars.

~Beeps and Apes

No comments:

Post a Comment