Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

Beeps Pick:  Tucker & Dale vs. Evil [Blu-ray]



Why we picked this film:  I had heard good things about this film last year, and I was super excited when I saw it available for instant streaming via Netflix.  I'm not sure that Apes will approve, but it is my pick and she has to watch. Muahahahaa!


Beeps:  Ok, so I think we all know the horror movie cliches.  This movie takes them and tosses them on their head.  There's something fantastic about the idea of a horror/comedy to me.  It's like taking two things that just don't go together and somehow making them work out.  How well the two meld and play off one another is a good test of how successful the film is.  In the case of Tucker & Dale vs. Evil, I'd say quite successful.  Basically, 2 hillbillies come out to the woods to fix up their vacation home, and the nearby college students assume that they must be killers.  Hilarity ensues.  That's it, that's all you need to know.  If you're looking for a silly comedy that's a huge deviation from your normal Hollywood comedy, do yourself a favor and watch this film.  4 Stars!

Apes: OK so this isn't the type of movie I would pick. The title alone is enough to make me pass. Come on, say it out loud... Tucker and Dale VS Evil... there is NO way to say it and not sound like a redneck... sort of like the word TUBE TOP.... In the end I'm glad that I relented and let Beeps pick this one. Other than being a little too stereo typical it has everything that a good spoof needs. The stereo types and awkward situations combined with the mostly plausible events made this movie funny and enjoyable.  I laughed more than once, enjoyed the don't judge people message, and in a creepy way it was sort of a feel good movie. I give it 4 stars for totally destroying my misconceptions, making me laugh, and for being completely enjoyable! (That's a NICE change for a Beeps Pick!)

Overall we give this film 4 stars!

~Beeps and Apes

No comments:

Post a Comment