Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Assassins

Beeps Pick- Assassins

 Assassins

 
Why I chose this film:  It's been a brutal past few days at work, and I was really looking to get something with quite a bit of action, but not something that's over the top violent like Rambo for example.  I have seen this movie, but it's been far too long.  Apes however, has not seen this film, and since it is one of my favorites, I wanted to share this experience with her.

Beeps:  It's interesting to watch a film that you have fantastic memories of from years gone past.  I remember this film being a total rush and absolutely amazing.  On this, a subsequent viewing, although my last was many years ago, I found the movie to be good, but not great.  The dialogue between Stallone and Banderas is painful at times since Banderas' character is a bit jittery with a heavy accent, and Stallone... well Stallone is just a mumbler.  I liked the action scenes, although there were fewer than I remember.  All in all, it was a decent experience, although it did drag on at times.  3 stars.

Apes: This movie starts out SLOW! Beeps said he was picking an action movie, but I'm not sure that is how I would classify this film. Over all I thought this was an OK film and I would watch it again if a friend or family member REALLY wanted to see it. However, knowing how it ends I would most likely fall asleep during any and all subsequent viewings. The film is interesting and keeps you interested with twists and turns in the story, and the ending is definitely not what I was expecting. Over all I give this film 2 1/2 stars. Take it or leave it either way you're not missing or gaining anything.

Overall we'll call this one 3 stars, but its more of a 2 3/4 star movie! :P

~Beeps and Apes

No comments:

Post a Comment