Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jumper

Apes Pick: Jumper

Jumper

Why I Picked this Movie: I wanted to see this when it came out in theaters, but didn't make the time to see it. Now that we are doing this "project" it seems like the perfect time to take on some movies that I just never got around to watching.

Beeps:  Alright, this is a popcorn movie, I knew that coming in, so I really wasn't looking for much here.  The story is entertaining enough, about people who have the ability to teleport themselves and other things to other places around the world.  I liked the story quite a bit, but then again I've always been fascinated by teleportation.  What I did not like is Hayden Christensen, trying his best to screw this film up.  This kid is the worst actor I've ever seen.  He's got the emotional depth of a wet blanket, and I found him to be a nuisance during the film.  This should be a 3 star movie, but it has been dragged down by his performance.  2 1/2 stars. 

Apes: At one point in the movie I was thing "ehh... this is almost as boring as the second Twilight movie" and guess what... Bella popped her face right onto the screen. I'm pretty sure she was in it... that or I'm being stalked by an emo fang banger. That should pretty much sum up my review, but there is more. The acting was bland and the leading lady looked slightly better than a crack ho. Really few saving graces in this film other than great scenery. My advice skip this one and rent a nice national geographic or travel channel special and follow it up by a nice viewing of Twilight. 2 Stars.  

Overall we give this movie 2 1/2 Stars.

~Beeps and Apes

No comments:

Post a Comment