Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Long Kiss Goodnight

Beeps Pick: The Long Kiss Goodnight

The Long Kiss Goodnight

Why I picked this film:  I wanted to see an action film.  This one just happened to be on my list, so I thought, "Sure, why not, I don't even remember anything about the plot."

Beeps:  This film was not so hot.  Not to sound like a broken record, but I remember it being so much better.  I have a problem when someone shoots a rocket launcher, blows a hole in a side of a house, shoots it again and only puts a dent in a refrigerator door.  Call me old fashioned, but stuff like that is going to kill immersion for me.  Granted, I can look past it in certain instances, but it really bothered me on this go around.  There is some great banter between the 2 stars, and more than a few moments had me laughing, but don't be confused, this is not really supposed to be an action/comedy like Rush Hour.  All in all, if you're a fan of either of the stars or spy movies, check it out, just don't expect to be blown out of the water.  2 stars.

Apes:  This film was enjoyable, but is nothing to write home about. I mean whats not love about Samuel L. Jackson. The story is fine with a little action and a few attempts at plot twists sprinkled through out the film. I'd watch it again and not complain if someone wanted to see it (I'd probably fall asleep), but I'd never actively seek this film out. Overall this movie made me feel "meh" and I didn't particularly care about the characters or their problems. I give this film 2 Stars.

Overall we give this film 2 stars.

~Beeps and Apes

No comments:

Post a Comment