Monday, July 26, 2010

Event Horizon

Beeps Pick:  Event Horizon

Event Horizon [Blu-ray]


Why I Picked This Film:  I need to see this movie.  It's been years, but I remember it being in my top 10 all time favorite flicks.  I've been craving a space thriller, and to much to my shock Apes agreed to watch this.  (Horror is technically off limits for the purposes of this blog, but she will relent on occasion, and possibly for a theme week in October.)  Although technically, I suppose this is Sci-Fi and not horror.


Beeps:  Wow!  Maybe I was wrong about this film.  It definitely has a horror vibe to it, but not a cheesy horror vibe.  I was glued to my seat for the entire film.  Not for one second did I even think about anything other than the film.  I was totally engrossed by the story and the acting within.  What I love about this movie is that it explores the unknown, and plays upon our fears.  I just wanted to thank Apes for being a good sport about it, and getting through this film.  I HIGHLY recommend this flick to anyone looking for a sci-fi/horror film.  To me, this is the perfect movie.  5 stars.


Apes: Uggh! Remind me why I married that man again! I've said it before.... I HATE horror movies especially ones that show any gore! Beeps has been convincing me for ages that this isn't really a horror movie. Guess what... HE LIED. Its not that there are no good horror movies, its just that graphic images tend to stay in my mind for far too long. This movie was interesting and I did want to see what happens in the end. The problem with horror movies is that I like a happy ending, or at least an ending that doesn't have death and blood lol. I give this movie 3 stars for intrigue and story. Although I should take 2 stars away for gore.


Overall we give this movie 4 stars.

~Beeps and Apes

No comments:

Post a Comment