Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Clash of the Titans (2010)

New Release Tuesday: Clash of the Titans

Clash of the Titans (Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)



Why we picked this film:  It's new release Tuesday.  We have really been looking forward to seeing this as we love the original.

Beeps:  I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this film.  I had heard some bad things, I'm glad that I didn't listen.  If you're expecting a remake of the original Harry Hamlin film, then you will be sorely disappointed.  This film is the same basic story as the original, but there is enough different here to piss off the purists.  Of course if you know that the film is different, and you can separate the two films, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.  Keep in mind this isn't high class cinema, don't search the film for multiple meanings or discussion, just grab a bowl of popcorn, sit back, and enjoy the ride.  3 1/2 stars.

Apes:  Ahhh.... memory lane... I really enjoyed the original Clash of the Titans as a kid. This was a nice remake with far better special effects, but its no award winning film. This is what Beeps and I call a popcorn flick. Its a good movie that you just sort of sit and vedge out too while enjoying an impossible journey. It a worth while watch especially if you like the original or any mythological stories. I give this movie 3 stars.

Overall we give this film 3 1/2 stars.

~Beeps and Apes

No comments:

Post a Comment