Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kinsey

Apes Pick: Kinsey

Kinsey

Why I picked this film: I remember this film being good, really good. We shall see if it lives up to my expectations or if reality is far harsher than my memory. I remember this being one of the first films I saw that pushed the envelope when I worked at Blockbuster. I remember enjoying the story, as well, as the sexual discovery. We shall see!

Beeps:  Ugh.  How could a movie about sexuality be so boring?  There were long periods during this movie that I groaned as it dragged on and on.  However, there were some times that were interesting and insightful.  They were just too few and far between.  This movie is the story of Alfred Kinsey, a biologist turned sex researcher.  I suppose we have Dr. Kinsey to thank for helping to dispel myths about sexuality that we had in the early 20th century.  Thanks Dr. Kinsey! Sorry the movie about you was so crappy.  1 1/2 stars.

Apes: I still really enjoyed this movie because I can relate. I as I was growing up no one talked about sexuality. Sure, I know my parents had sex, but nothing else. I knew they preached abstinence, but I wasn't even sure exactly what all was included in that. The movie is SLOW at time, but still interesting and thought provoking. How action packed are you expecting a movie about a biologist and sex researcher to be? There is nudity, sex, and masturbation, but they don't come across as sexual; instead more clinical. I think I enjoy this film for reasons that Beeps can't appreciate because his family was WAY more open than mine. I give this movie 3 stars because it is still so damn interesting.

Overall we give this film 2 1/2 Stars.

~Beeps and Apes

No comments:

Post a Comment