Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Not Another Teen Movie

Beeps Pick:  Not Another Teen Movie

Not Another Teen Movie (Unrated Director's Cut)


Why I Picked This Film:  I needed a good laugh, I love spoof movies, and I remember this being one of my all time favorites.

Beeps:  This could be the first film that lived up to my idealized view of it via my reminiscence.  I loved this movie.  I imagine that I enjoy it more because I've seen every movie that is spoofed in it.  However, I feel that the story has good cohesion, and is fairly well written (well, as well written as a spoof can be.)  I thought they did a fantastic job casting people who looked eerily similar to their counterparts from the original movies.  Unlike most other spoofs that I've seen, this movie draws from tons of other movies, not just a few, to get its story across, and it will reference other movies, even if for only a single scene.  (I'm looking at you, Jawbreaker...)  Definitely worth owning, especially if you're a movie buff.  4 stars.

Apes: I enjoyed this film more than I expected and it almost pains me to admit because these comedy spoof movies are normally stupid. This movie does still have stupid parts, but it was almost a mockery of my pre-teen and teen years, as well as, a stroll down memory lane seeing how many teen romance films I could identify. This spoof is well written and flows together nicely noting feels forced. I think this movie would still be funny in a retarded sort of way to some one who hasn't seen any of the films this movie is mocking, but to truly appreciate this film you need to watch all the originals first. It definitely makes the movie a lot more fun! I give this film 3 1/2 Stars.

Overall we give this film 4 stars. Apes thinks that's a little high, but we round up.

~Beeps and Apes

No comments:

Post a Comment