Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cop Out

Beeps Pick: Cop Out


Cop Out

Why I picked this film:  It's a new release, and it's Tuesday.  This came out today and I felt like maybe we should have a "New Release Tuesday" sort of day.

Beeps:  The opening scene, and the final scene (after the first of the credits.)  Watch these 2 scenes and save yourself an hour and twenty minutes of crap.  This film had a few laugh out loud moments, but they were few and far between.  I was shocked to find out that this was a Kevin Smith film.  Certainly not typical Kevin Smith, and by typical, I mean a good film.  Another thing that bothered me... the music in this film.  When there are scenes of tense action coming, there's this stupid beat playing in the background, very distracting.  All in all, This movie is just like Rush Hour, except Bruce Willis is white, not asian, and Tracey Morgan is not Chris Tucker... oh and this movie is crappy.  1 1/2 stars.

Apes: I'd love to tell you this is an amazingly funny and  revolutionary new release. Instead I'm forced to tell the truth. It was like a bad rerun, or a spoof that took itself seriously. I wonder if Bruce Willis resonates with his onscreen character and just took this role for the money. This film had the potential to be a good popcorn flick in the tradition of the Rush Hour franchise and Blue Streak. Its hard to rate this film based on what I actually endured  watched and not on the potential I see with the script. I honestly wish there was a Do-Over button I could push and go back and help them make this film the cinematic summer blockbuster it should have been. With this cast and director its disappointing to give this film a shameful 1 1/2 stars.

Overall we give this film 1 1/2 stars.

~Beeps and Apes

1 comment:

  1. I will take your word on this movie. If i don't hear good reviews on movies I think I want to see, I put them on my wait until it comes on cable list. Then I don't have to be mad at myself for wasting money at the movies or pay per view. Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete