Monday, July 12, 2010

Yes Man

Beep's Pick: Yes Man


Yes Man [Blu-ray]

Why I picked this film:  I picked this film because it was late, it was on the new cable's on demand service, and because a co-worker told me that he had enjoyed it.

Beeps:  Fantastic!  I really liked this movie.  Jim Carrey delivers a great performance, with only a few over the top moments.  It wasn't what I would call a hysterical movie, but it was a funny one, and I felt for the characters in the movie.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something likable about Jim Carrey's character that makes you feel for the guy.  I felt bad for him when he was down and cheered for him when he was up, and really, isn't that what watching a movie is all about?  4 stars.

Apes: I thoroughly enjoyed this film. It was well written, acted, and delivered. It was thought provoking and interesting while remaining funny and entertaining. I think this is one of Jim Carrey's better films. Its not to idiotic nor too serious its just right for a comedy with a touch of drama or as I called them when I worked at Blockbuster a dramedy. I give this film 4 stars and think it was one of the better films I've seen this year!

Overall we give this film 4 stars.

~Beeps and Apes

No comments:

Post a Comment